Deicing Cost Savings
Cost Savings of Ice B'Gone® Example
|Rock Salt only works down to 18° F.|
|Average cost of Rock Salt (per ton)|| ||$75.00 *|
|It takes 3 tons of Rock Salt to do what 1 ton of Ice B'Gone will do|| ||$75 X 3|
| || = ||$225.00 for Rock Salt|
| || = ||$110.00 for Ice B'Gone|
| || = ||$115.00 net savings when you use Ice B'Gone over Rock Salt.|
* The prices above are used for demonstrative purposes only. Cost of Rock Salt and Ice B'Gone may vary. Contact ES Deicing for exact pricing.
More Cost Savings of Ice B'Gone
- Reduced deicer product requirement: A substantial reduction of the volume of material required for de-icing applications. Twice as much ordinary rock salt is required to produce the same effects. Three times (or more) sand/salt (80/20) mix is required to equal Ice B'Gone. Ice B'Gone is twice as effective as Rock Salt. Cost savings is approx. 30 - 50% when used correctly.
- Improve Manpower Efficiency: Manpower efficiency is automatic when the deicer works well. Laborers work less because they are moving less product and the deicer is also burning off snow at a faster rate than common deicers, which creates less work. Expect to increase efficiency by 10-25%. Your salt covers twice the area with Ice B'Gone, Which means fewer return trips, less travel time, less fuel usage. Saves you money. Flat rate contractors will make fewer visits. Up to 2" of snow burns off; flat rate account benefits are obvious!
- Reduced downtime for refilling: Crews stay out longer; finish faster, stay ahead of the curve better. Site cleanup is vastly improved. Except to reduce down time by as much as 35-50%.
- Reduced Wear and Tear on Equipment: With a Corrosion value of less than distilled water, equipment that normally breaks down and requires constant up keep is easier to maintain.
- Reduced Legal Liability from slip and falls: Complimented by good professional practices like spot salting and good monitoring, expect your Insurance liability to decrease significantly.
- Reduced damage to Hardscaping: When used as directed, Ice B'Gone is safe to use on concrete, pavers and other hardscape and reduces damage by as much as 75-90%.
- Reduce damage to Landscaping: Magic Deicers are environmentally friendly, when used correctly; damage to vegetation is reduced from 70-100%.
- No Sand to clean up: By eliminating the use of sand, you will have reduced spring cleanup, you will have no clogged drains to deal with, no roadways to sweep and in the mean time your customers will appreciate the absence of sand tracked into buildings and cars.
Have questions about deicing cost savings?
Can we help you find a preferred retailer closest to you?
Have other questions?
We'd be more than happy to answer any of your deicing questions!
Contact us here or give us a call: (260) 422-2020.
Your Friends at ES Deicing, Inc.
ES Deicing, Inc. offers expert pavement deicing services
and ice melting products for landscapers, property management companies, commercial
building owners, schools, universities, county and city street departments.
ES Deicing, Inc.
3500 Meyer Road
Tel: (260) 422-2020
Fax: (260) 422-1717